Classes of hosting services
A hosting solution is associated with storing and/or sharing particular content on a web hosting server managed by a website hosting distributor. There are different kinds of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's explore them. Thus, you can elect what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to have a web site, email aliases, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution made available by particular firms, which permits you to share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single goal is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file hosting accounts frequently involve ads next to the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a given period of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a completely unsuitable interpretation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would apportion the workload between autonomous hosts of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different web hosting services (electronic mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a brand of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some suppliers provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting brand is suitable if you would like to share an enormous number of images with pals or associates since the solution is commonly free of charge. You will obtain a random link for each and every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to taking care of your email aliases. Some vendors provide web space hosting solutions for web pages, but do not offer an e-mail hosting service. If you wish to set up an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can create e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video produces a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with several videos and a few hundred viewers, you may have trouble with your website hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will permit you to use as many video clips as you would like without worrying about system resources.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to run a web site. To a certain extent, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting types since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and mails, upload video files, and so on. At Papua Web Hosting, for example, you can view web hosting and dedicated server hosting plans that permit you to get all of the abovementioned services in a single location. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the regular e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are tailored for particular content solely.